Now accepting proposals for 2018-2019!
The Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center is committed to showcasing local, emerging and established artists. The Main Gallery and Atrium Gallery art exhibits change on a monthly basis. The Gmeiner welcomes submissions from artists on a continual basis. We are interested in all contemporary and traditional media including drawing, mixed media, painting, printmaking, photography, experimental media, sculpture, quilting, etc. Artists seeking to exhibit at the Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center should email or mail submissions to:
Attn: Anna Wales, Director
Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center
134 Main Street, Wellsboro PA 16901
Option A: Send website information
Provide your name with a brief introduction, a link to your website/URL containing at least 10 images, contact information, artist curriculum vitae/resume and artist statement.
Option B: Email images
Attach 4-10 titled jpeg images, each less than 100 KB. Please include the following information in the body of the email, or attached in .jpeg or .PDF format:
- an image list which specifies titles, dates, media, and the dimensions of each work.
- a curriculum vitate/resume and artist statement.
- contact information.
Option C: Mail/Drop Off
- 5-10 JPEG images of your work on disk. Digital images must be PC compatible at 300 dpi, approximately 5-7″. Name files with corresponding numbers (01, 02, 03. etc) from images list (example: “01.jpg”) Please submit professionally photographed digital images that accurately represent your work.
- Please do not send original work or bound submissions.
- Provide a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of materials. Portfolios that do not include a self-addressed stamped envelope will not be returned.
- If dropping off in gallery, we are not able to review submissions, give live portfolio reviews, or accept original artworks.
Shipping will be the responsibility of the artist. The Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center retains 15% of all sales. If you have any questions please contact us. We look forward to reviewing your work!