GRAPHIC DESIGN & ART GALLERY MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
The Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center produces a variety of creative materials to showcase our art exhibits and cultural events. The Graphic Design & Art Gallery Intern can expect to assist the Director on a variety of graphic design projects including web & email graphics, press kits, and materials for our volunteers and program participants. Interns will be able to gain valuable experience taking full responsibility of important design projects and deadlines, and will complete the internship with a portfolio of work created for and actively used by Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center.
Responsibilities can include:
- Updating and/or redesigning current organizational working documents (including program information and forms, event materials, and press kits, among others)
- Assisting the Director in defining and distributing branding guidelines and template documents to staff
- Regularly updating the gmeinerartscenter.com with new, timely material
- Creating and editing content for social media streams as needed
- Assisting the Director with special design projects, including special event collateral and websites for our various fundraising events
- Formatting and maintaining print, PDF, and online versions of all press
- Attending the gallery as a docent at least once a month
- Assisting the Director in art exhibit installations at least once a month
The Gmeiner accepts college, graduate, and non-student applicants over the age of 18. The Graphic Design and Art Gallery Internship is ideally suited to someone with a strong understanding of visual communications and design layout, and a sharp eye for detail. A clean, simple design aesthetic and commitment to our Mid Century Modern style is required. Knowledge of websites, HTML and/or WordPress are not necessary, but are considered a plus. Please include a link to your portfolio or a few examples of your previous work, along with your application, to be considered for placement.
This is an unpaid internship.
All applicants must submit an Internship Application, cover letter, résumé, and portfolio samples/link addressed to Anna Wales, Director.
Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center
Attn: Anna Wales
134 Main Street
Wellsboro PA 16901