2017 Youth Art Exhibit important dates:
Exhibit: March 19-April 30. Gallery hours 2-5 Wednesday-Thursday & 11-5 Saturday-Sunday.
- Application Deadline: March 24, 2017
- Friend & Family’s Reception: April 2, 2 PM.
- Student & Teacher’s Reception: April 10, 9 AM.
- Mia Lisa Anderson, President of the Grand Canyon Photography Club
- Alan Bennett, Professional ceramic artist and professor of ceramics at Mansfield University
- Kenneth P. Cobb, Professional painter and professor of drawing and painting at Mansfield University
- Alyson Lush, Painter and retired high school art teacher
- Suzan Richar, President of the Wellsboro Art Club
- Anna Wales, Director of the Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center
It is time to celebrate the creative pursuits of young, local artists! The study of art includes four disciplines: art history and culture, aesthetics, art production, and art criticism. This exhibit will showcase the ways our young artists engage in these the study of art in and out of the classroom.
Art students grades 7-12 are invited to submit two works of art for consideration for exhibition at the Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center. Working in collaboration with their teachers, students can submit their artwork via email. Students, photograph completed projects. Teachers, email one slideshow of all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, make the school name the subject of the email. The slideshows are due February 28, 2017.
We will strive to include all artworks submitted in the exhibit that meet the following criteria:
- All artwork must be original (from the imagination, based on observation, or drawn from the student’s own photographs/experiences) and ready for exhibition (no wet paint!).
- 2D artwork must be mounted or matted. Frames are preferred, but not required. The sides of canvases must be painted with a wire on the back for hanging. Canvas board, Masonite board, and anything that cannot be hung with sticky tac should be framed with a wire.
Also note, the Gmeiner is prepared to exhibit 3D work such as sculpture, ceramics, and fiber arts – including quilts, fashion, knitwear, etc. We can also play digital submissions on a loop from our television. Please specify any special exhibition needs with your entry.
There are no fees to enter this exhibit. Non-cash awards will be distributed. Award recipients may be asked to talk about their artistic process at the Student Reception on April 10 at 9 AM.
I look forward to seeing your work! Download the application and permission slip here: 2017-youth-art-exhibit-pdf
- Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center 134 Main Street Wellsboro PA 16901